martes, 28 de octubre de 2014

Advantages and disadvantages of playing in a band

Playing in a band could be fun, and in fact it is, but it has its advantages and disadvantages. Not everything is about playing music.

Once you’ve been playing a while, you realise you have to spend too much time and money. The first disadvantages it is the time, you will have less time for do other things, because you must rehearse not only with your partners, but when you are at home and if you have to combine it and studying. Second issue it’s the rehearsal room, you can rent it, which takes you to another problem: money, or ask a relative to let you his country house or garage, which involves moving to that place, that’s the reason why I can’t stay all weekends in Murcia. Lastly and bigger issue it’s money, music instruments cost a lot, more than people think, and you’ll have to buy a amplifier, and microphones, etc.

But the advantages solve these problems. If I weren’t playing with my band, I would be bored sitting at home, watching TV... and I don't really care the fact of going back to my hometown each weekend, because I can see my friends. The two most important advantages are playing our own songs, and live performances I really enjoy it.


To finish I would say that playing in a band takes a lot of work, but it has its rewards.

PS: this is my band: https://www.facebook.com/IrracionalOficial
And here you can listen to us https://soundcloud.com/irracional my favourites are: "Mi realidad" and "Quédate", because the bass line it's funny to play, I'm the bass player :)

3 comentarios:

  1. I've just read your post and feel really curious about the music you play. Im going to listen to your band right now.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey¡ it sounds good¡ I don't know if this is similar.. but I remembered this band I used to listen when I was 15 :-p
    http://youtu.be/0a1yu3ZTjuA

    ResponderEliminar
  3. hahaha thanks a lot! :) yes it's likely, we try to do energetic music with rhythm

    ResponderEliminar